I know that title is a bit extreme, but you know the old saying, when the shoe fits...
I know, we have been discussing inflammation quite a bit recently but sometimes you come across something so earth shattering that you simply cannot wait to share.
Well, this is one of those shares.
Before we get going, I will provide a brief review the inflammatory process and its affects on the body.
First of all inflammation is a positive response of a healthy immune system but this is without the added triggers and the assumption that all the factors tied into pro and anti-inflammatory processes are working properly. With that said, we can recognize that those with chronic illness generally do not fit in this category.
Most of us fit into the inflammatory process discussed here:
- One of the many triggers that stimulate the receptors that initiate inflammation are present. These are some of the main triggers:
- Mental/emotional stress
- Nutritional stress
- ...and more
- The receptors initiate an NF-kB state which is a chronic inflammatory state
- This NF-kB state induces an immune system response
- This response can lead to (the more common are bold):
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome which is a loss of weight, muscle atrophy, fatigue, weakness, and significant loss of appetite in someone who is not actively trying to lose weight
- Adipocytes or fat/connective tissue cells that have differentiated and become specialized in the synthesis (manufacture) and storage of fat also known as chronic weight gain
- Chronic Fatigue
- Neuropathic pain
- Cognitive impairment
- Sleep disorders
- ...and so much more
- Recognizing and removing the triggers that cause the inflammation, whether this be stress, nutritional, infection, obesity, addiction or other
- Supporting adrenal function to allow proper production of the body's natural anti-inflammatory which is cortisol
- Utilizing anti-inflammatory supplements such as omega 3 fatty acids as well as metabolic enzymes
Here's the kicker that is a new found knowledge for me.
While I have always know about chronic inflammatory states, better know in the industry as NF-kB states, what I did not realize is the feedback loops that these states create within themselves. Once you are in this chronic inflammatory state, the NF-kB has the ability to basically feed itself even if you remove all the triggers and basically do everything correctly.
There are feedback loops easily tied into weight gain, gut challenges, immune dysregulation, immune cell activation, poor liver function and so much more. Remember, these feedback loops often continue even if you are doing everything correctly and eliminate all your triggers.
OK, so what's a person to do with these chronic NF-kB states.
First of all it is still very important to eliminate as many of the triggers as possible and create some balance within your adrenal function. From here it is important to use the best available products to push yourself out of the feedback loops of the NF-kB state.
All the research points to two key ingredients to do the job. Those ingredients are curcumin and resveratrol. The resveratrol is such a powerful component within this cycle that drug companies are racing to create a synthetic to this compound so they can charge you and your insurance company the big bucks for what you can use right now for such a small cost.
Don't go running to the store though to pick these up in capsules.
While there may be a benefit for a select few of you, many that are deep in this state need something more potent that the capsules. There is a company that produces a emulsified liquid version of both the curcumin and resveratrol that is 4 - 6 times more potent than the capsule and understand that taking the combination of these together severely amplify the suppression of the NF-kB state.
Unfortunately this company does not allow me to sell these over the Internet, so there would have to be direct contact with Depke Wellness. If you would like to discuss the inflammatory programs used by Depke Wellness to stop the NF-kB state, you can call the office direct at 949.954.6226. We work with clients in office as well as via phone consultations.
With all this said, can you now understand the title, "Is Inflammation Killing You?"
If you have any comments or questions in regard to this article feel free to post these below for me to answer personally.